Creative Writing - The Meeting

The Meeting
Ring, ring, ring. I walk to the phone, unknown number, could be a scammer I think to myself, but I pick it up anyway.
“Is this Barbra Linton?” the caller asks.
I reply with, “Yes this is.”
“I have found out that you are my mother.”
I think to myself is it really him, no it can’t be after arguing with myself for a few seconds finally I say, “Stuart, my love is it really you?”
“Yes.”

We decided to meet at New York park. I Sat on a bench to feed the birds.  Then a man with spiky blond hair appeared and sat next to me.
I asked him, “You look like your in another world, is something on your mind?”
“I'm just waiting for my mother, that I’ve never meet.”
Could it be him? Then I thought, of cause it’s him.

I found it quite hard to do this piece of writing.

Comments

Popular Posts