The Fall Of The Romans - Historical Writing

The Fall Of The Romans

By Rylan



Death, orphans, loss of land and swords. All part of a battle.


 Us Mackintoshes are barbarians, so war is a everyday thing. 


The Comyns are the feud that we have at the moment, but we are kind of losing...


“Angus we need to go” Said my second in command, Albert.
“Retreat!!!!!” I yelled.
“What about the wounded?” asked one of the citizens.
“Carry those who can't walk,” I yelled to everyone.
As we retreated, the Comyns followed. As we were arriving I noticed we weren’t the first there…


I don't think we have made enemies with them, or else I would remember the kilt they wear. 
“What clan are you?” I ask as bravely as I can be.
“We’re the McRaes,” said a McRae, with a shiny smooth face.
“The McRaes, huh, never heard of you, well anyway, go away.”
“We need help, to defeat the Romans”
“We will help you if you can defeat the Comyns.” 
Ha they'll never defeat the Comyns 
“Charge!!!!” someone yelled out in the background.
Oh no, I think to myself, the Comyns have arrived.
Clashing of swords begin, the fight has arrived...


Green, red, purple and blue VS red, gray, black and white.
“Albert, get everyone who can’t fight into the hall.” I told him.


The Comyns started to pick out our weak to get into the hall.
“Protect the hall!!” I yelled.
 We formed a wall in front of the hall to protect it. The Comyns launched, themselves forward to break our line of defence. It's like they planned for this.  Blood was flying everywhere, it's like a slaughterhouse but more dangerous. It's my job, as the chief of the clan, to stop it from being this gory, but I can’t, because, I have already played that card. Finally, they must've realised that they were outnumbered, because they were gone in a few seconds.
“Now, will you help us?” asked one of the McRae’s.
“First we rest, then we help you,” stated Albert.
“We leave at dawn then,” said the McRae Campbell.


                *                       *                  *
Campbell McRae came up to me and said,
“Hi there, remember me from yesterday?” he asked. “Hi, I’m Campbell McRae.”
“Uh, hello. My name is Angus.”
We started to pack our swords, axes, food and clothes into our bags. We got the horses ready, said goodbye to the children and readied the archers to protect Moy Hall while we're gone. “Where are we heading?” I asked.
“Loch Duich,” replied the McRae, Campbell
“That's a long time for the horses.” I replied.


                *                       *                  *
“By the way, if we are going to help, the Stewarts should help as well,” I said.
"Huh? What? Where are we going? Who are the Stewarts?" asked a McRae, with a massive golden, brown beard.
“That's Ian," Campbell told us, "He's the clan dumbo, but great on the battlefield."
“A clan who ‘owe us’” I replied, changing my tone on, owe us.
The Stewarts are a clan who we gave one of our castles to. (Castle Stuart)
We begin to set on our journey to Castle Stuart. 
“The hall, it could be stolen by the time we get back,” Said Albert “If we get back.” 
“We will,” I said “We have archers to protect it.”
“We don’t even know if the Stewarts are going to help us.” 
“They will.” I ensured him.


It took us an hour, but we got there with no attacks. When they saw us they yelled to the other clan members,
“Pack your bags, we leave in a hour”
They must know we’re here.  I walk up to Robert Stewart.
“Were heading to Loch Duich,” I told him.


                *                       *                  *


“Boats, they’re here,” I told everyone.
“DEFEND THE CASTLE” screamned Campbell, who was next to me.
“Get the weapons!” I yelled.
“The odds are only 2:1” Albert stated, who likes to be right.
“We don’t need to know the odds Albert,” I told him, thinking about how much men we will lose.
We started to run towards them, but they saw us. 
“Albert we need a plan, now’ I told him “Like, right, right now”
“Remember that time when the Camerons attacked us?” Albert asked.
“What one,” I asked, “because there's been many times.”
“The last one, when we surrounded them, to try get our castle back.”
“Your point is?”


“We should surround the Roman army so they have no choice but to surrender” 
“You’ve got a smart one there, don’t you?” said Campbell.
We got out our battle axes and Albert got out his long sword and started to surround them, but their guards ran towards us and yelled in Roman
“Kill the barbains.”
 Blood was flying everywhere. Daniel, a friend of Campbell’s, was in the middle of the battle circle. A Roman swung around, and dug his sword into his shoulder.
“REMEMBER THE PLAN!!” Albert screamed, as Campbell got out of formation, to help Daniel. 
“Agh” I screamed in pain, as a Roman sword went into my leg “At least they have horrible aim” I joked as I stabbed my sword into his heart.  Half the circle was gone, by midnight, so was all the Roman army. The war is over we had won, for now.


I started to do a speech, “It's a new age, the Romans are never, taking over the world, their empire will fall.”  



Moy Hall

I found writing this piece really fun.

Comments

Popular Posts